Woden Tyre & Exhaust is an Approved Inspection Station within the Australian Capital Territory and Queanbeyan.
Inspections are required for the following:
- Any vehicle over 6 years old requiring a transfer of ownership
- Interstate vehicles transferring to ACT registration
- When registration has expired by more than 12 months
- Defect clearances (unless directed to Road User Services, Dickson Motor Registry)
- Establishment of registration
Please note: vehicles over 4.5 tonne GVM, public vehicles, modified vehicles, imported
vehicles or vehicles without compliance plates must attend the Dickson Motor Registry.
To book for an inspection at Woden Tyre & Exhaust please contact us today.
Woden Tyre and Exhaust is also a an Authorised Safety Check Inspection Station (ASCIS) for the NSW Roads and Maritime Services (formarly NSW RTA).
Safety checks are a basic mechanical inspection, targeting vehicle components that may cause a risk to vehicle occupants and other road users if they are not operating correctly or are excessively worn.
Vehicles inspected by ASCIS are:
- Cars and light commercial vehicles up to 5 tonnes tare weight except vehicles fitted with power-operated brakes.
- Light trailers and caravans up to 2 tonnes gross trailer mass (GTM) except those fitted with breakaway brakes.
- Motorcycles - including motorcycles with a side-car.
- Buses up to 2.5 tonnes tare weight.
ASCIS perform safety check inspections for the purpose of renewal:
- On light vehicles over 5 years old.
- For clearance of non design based defect notices.
After your vehicle has passed a safety check, the authorised safety check station sends a report to NSW Roads and Maritime Services.
To book for a safety check at Woden Tyre & Exhaust please contact us today.